Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Future of Cuba


This young couple, Norge and Daliana, was the team that helped me in my workshop.  They are very strong Christians and very talented.  He was one of the master of ceremonies for the nightly conference concerts along with another young lady.  His wife is an extremely gifted vocalist who performed several times.  Thay have a little boy and are very active in their church.  I took their picture one morning during our break.  

When I look at this image, I see beyond the glow of joy and gratitude in their faces.  I see the future of Cuba.  For me they are the symbol of a vision that God has persistently given me.  It is an ambitious vision, as most visions should be.  I picture a future Cuban nation in which the character of its people is celebrated: resourceful, productive, yet loving and graceful.  The Person of Jesus Christ is at the center of that vision.  Jesus is reflected clearly in the faces of many of Cuba's young people.  I pray that more and more young Cubans will find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and make Him the center of their lives just as this young couple has.  

1 comment: