Friday, March 14, 2014

Cuban kinship



In the past two days I've met fellow Cuban Christians with whom I feel as if I've known them all my life. I can understand our bond in Christ. But I've also met several others who are perfect strangers and with whom I feel a special kinship.  

Today, March 8, they celebrate the national day of women in Cuba   One particular young woman named Arielle saw me with another friend's special-needs son and without prompting offered him a coin for a ride in a children's cart. We talked briefly and I thanked her. I asked if she attended church. She sad no. I told her that I felt as if she was a devoted believer by her actions of kindness. She answered that it was the way she was brought up and she has maintained that way of believing and behaving even though she does not attend church. I told her she honors Christ through her actions. Today I celebrate Arielle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment